I’ve been seeing rooftop bars and restaurants on my news feed for quite some time now and one of them was City Garden Grand Hotel’s Firefly Roofdeck, which I was planning to visit. In my luck, my friend and blogger partner, Ann Salas was invited to do a review on City Garden Grand Hotel along with the Firefly Roofdeck and Spice Cafe which she decided to share with me.
Staring at the vast space, enjoying the star-like shimmer of city lights, and observing real time human-living in a high spot are just few things this place could offer. That’s why it surprised me how they’ve thought of placing a spacious restaurant on a roof deck.
The ambiance of the whole place was very cozy as you could see families, couples and friends dining and drinking together happily. It felt like home but with a better view. Also, there was a live duo who sang their hearts out which filled every nook and cranny of the place.
(Note: Honestly, hearing their voices made me so envious. Why can’t I have a singing talent too? I’m pretty sure life would be easier if I did. )
(Above: Best spots are those on the side as you could stare at the open space while eating. Just make sure you don’t forget your date while doing so.)
(Below: Perfect spot for my coz it’s closer to all the alcoholic drinks. Kidding!)
While waiting, you are allowed to walk around and check out the place. This is the perfect time for your cityscape photoshoots/pictorials.
(Note: Notice how I also took mine? Can’t miss the chance to get my shot taken up there too.)
What to eat:
There are two options when you would like to have dinner at the Firefly Roofdeck. One was the buffet and the other options was to order per dish. As usual, we decided to get the per dish option so we could try some of their best sellers.
(Note: We took photos of the buffet so you could also have a heads up on what to expect if you choose the buffet.)
Our dinner date meal:
Ann Salas’ meal:
- Bagnet (Classic Ilocano version of deep fried pork belly, served with garlic rice)
- Lemongrass Chicken (Deep fried lemongrass skewered ground chicken and crab with cilantro chili sauce)
- Aligue Pasta with Blackened Mahi-mahi (Linguine tossed in garlic and Aligue, topped with ebiko and blackened Mahi-mahi)
- 2 glasses of Impetu Sauvignon Blanc 2007
- Mango Berry Daiquiri (White Rum, Triple Sec and Fresh Mango and Blueberry Compote Blended)
- Peach Kiwi Daiquiri (White Rum, Triple Sec, Kiwi and Peach Blended)
- Old Fashioned Cheesecake (Baked Cheesecake, topped with blueberry compote)
- Japanese Soft Cheesecake (Light and Fluffy cheesecake, topped with fresh mango)
- To give you more options here is their complete menu:
- Make sure to go early, there are plenty of guests who also wants to eat their dinner here. Also, Firefly roofdeck only offers first come first serve services so the earlier you are the greater chance to get the side seats (perfect view for couples).
- If you’re ordering a per dish meal, try ordering a different one from each other so you could taste 2 different meals at the same time.
- Make sure to grab a glass of wine. I do recommend having wine at the Firefly roofdeck, it adds to the ambiance of the place.
- Do not rush your meal. It at a normal phase while enjoying the view.
- If you have questions, you could ask the staff or the server. They’re pretty kind and very approachable.
- Make sure to enjoy and take a look around. Different spots mean different sides of Makati.
- If you plan on taking pictures, make sure to order first so that food is being prepared already while you’re taking pictures.
- Enjoy the vibe. Chill and let loose of stress. It’s a good place to let go of problems.
- Make sure to give compliments to the server and staff if you enjoyed the place. A little boost and compliment would make their day.
- Leave a tip if you’re really happy with the experience. Any amount would do.
How to get there:
I have three options on how to get there:
- From LRT 1- Gil Puyat take a bus to Makati Ave. Go down at Petron and walk towards City Garden Grand Hotel
- From Mrt- Ayala, go to Landmark, take a jeepney towards Makati Ave. Go down at Petron and walk towards City Garden Grand Hotel
- Take a Grab or Uber.
Here’s City Garden Grand Hotel on the Map:
8008 Makati Ave. cor. Makati City, Kalayaan Avenue, Makati, 1200 Metro Manila
(02) 888 8181
- Firefly roofdeck bar is a really nice place to go get your dinner. So far one of the best staff service I’ve experienced in Makati. They have really attentive and approachable staff and crew. Meal was very good as well, maybe a little bland for some due to the light taste (probably adjusted to the foreign cuisines) but overall it was very tasty and made me full. The whole place was very clean also and spacious which made the place easy moving. I’m one of those people who doesn’t seem to enjoy crowded areas when eating that’s why I strictly recommend this to everyone who has the same problem as me.
Again, make sure to follow this site and
My social media accounts:
Ann Salas’ social media accounts:
Facebook Page: facebook.com/annsalas.ph